Welcome to Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), a unique institution devoted to the research, teaching and application of statistics, natural sciences and social sciences. Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December, 1931. The Delhi Centre of the Indian Statistical Institute was started in 1974. The Headquarter of ISI is located at Kolkata.
The Indian Statistical Institute Delhi Centre Library has an excellent collection of reading documents in the fields of Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Statistical Quality Control & Operations research, which are regularly being expanded by adding latest publications. The Library subscribes to all major journals both foreign as well as Indian in the said fields.
The Library caters mainly to the bonafide students, scholars and academic staff members of the Institute. However, it is also open for reference to academic users of other educational and scientific institutions of the city and its neighbouring regions.
Since the year 1994, the Library of the Indian Statistical Institute has been designated as NBHM Regional Library by the National Board for Higher Mathematics, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India to serve the academic users of the northern region. Additional funds are being provided by NBHM for maintaining and developing resources in the fields of mathematics and statistics.
Research scholars desirous of consulting library resources are welcome.
The Library offers the following services:
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Current Awareness Service
- Photocopy Service
- Inter-Library Loan Service
- Library Catalogue Search
- Access to On-line resources
- Any user of the library may use the reading room facility for consulting books, journals, reports etc. in the library collection during library hours. Outsiders are eligible to avail reading room facility on production of identity card / introduction letter from their respective institute.
- Silence is to be observed in the reading room.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- All registered members are entitled to borrow books, journals etc. from the library collection for a specific period as per rules.
- All the users can avail Xerox facility on nominal payment.
- Members of the Divisional Committee of Scientific Workers
- Junior and Senior Research Fellows
- Full time Degree students
- Visiting Scientists and Scholars
- Project Linked Staff
- ISI Employees
- Distinguished Members and ISI Council Members
- Former Scholars of the ISI
- Scientists and Scholars on Deputation
- ISI Society Members (Reference Services Only)
The Delhi Centre Library has an excellent collection of books, bound volumes and other documents in the fields of Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Operations Research and Statistical Quality Control, which are regularly being expanded by adding latest publications. The Library subscribes to all major journals in print and electronic form both foreign as well as Indian in the said fields.
Library Collection as on 22/09/2016
The library provides off campus access to electronic journals and databases to faculty and research scholars with certain limitations. This can be access through a valid username and password. For more information contact Mr. Udaya Bhanu Kandha at 41493976
RemoteXs link to ISI e-resources https://libraryisikolkata.remotexs.in/home
Weblink of Delhi Centre e-resources at http://220.127.116.11/index.php
Mr. Uday Bhanu Kandha
Associate Scientist 'C'
Tel. 91-11 - 41493975
Mr. Jaykrushna Kamila
Acquisition of Books, Technical Processing & Reader Services
Tel. 91-11 - 41493976
Mr. Kamesh Kumar
Binding, Reader Services & Maintenance
Tel. 91-11 - 41493976
- Library Hours
- LibSys Catalogue Intranet
- Journals (A-Z)
- ISI Consortium Journals
- Electronic Journals
- Online Databases
- Springer E-Books
- ISI Union Catalogue
- Off Campus Access
- Book Suggestion Form
- Inter Library Loan Form: Books
- Article Request Form
- Book Purchase Request:Personal use
- Library Services
- Library Facility
- Library Staff
- Ask a Librarian
- Important Links
- Telephone Directory
- Contact us
Monday - Friday:
(9.00am - 5.30pm)
Saturday: (10.00am - 2.00pm)
Holidays: List of Holidays
Indian Statistical Institute,
7 S.J.S. Sansanwal Marg
New Delhi - 110 016
Tel. 91-11 - 4149 3975 / 4149 3976
Fax. 91-11 - 4149 3981
Email your question to library(at)isid.ac.in
Call us at: 91-11 4149 3975